Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hasta Luego Mis Amigos; Hola Pura Vida!

Friday, October 29, 2010
The dust is settling and I wish I had the strength to write this blog in the heat of emotion that fueled me to make it to Costa Rica. Leading up to the last days has been a well oiled machine. Plans were set in motion that I didn't even have control over. I was just a cog in the wheel to make this happen. The change in life meant something to a lot of people around me. However, as I sat in la casa de mi familia tica, I quickly jotted down highlights of the last mile to this great adventure of mine.

Where do I begin?

A whirlwind of events and emotions brought this dream to reality. It's Saturday, 10:40 am EST and I am less than one hour away from landing in San Jose, Costa Rica and that reality hit me. I was awaken from being a part of the system to realize that I am the system. The cog has become the wheel.

Reflecting on the lavish support from family over the past few days had a greater impact on my ability to leave all of them behind. Who can say they are fortunate to have two families? One I was born into and the other I left in Washington D.C. Thank you all for your selfless support to make my transition that much easier.

One thing is for sure, I don't want to pack/unpack for a long time. I will face that demon in six months when I move back, but that is just how I feel right now. If I become a minimalist with contemporary/modernistic flare, you know why. With this approach, I will have half of the things I have now. I went from labeling every single crate to throwing things in a bag to asking friends to pick up my mess after I left. It never fails that packing lasts until the last possible minute. In that case, it was 4:30am on Saturday for me.

Alas, I was done with D.C. and prepared for my flight to my biggest adventure and hopefully a fulfillment of a childhood dream.

As they say in Costa Rica, Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment